West Ward Community Coalition
The West Ward Community Coalition brings together residents stakeholders, and elected and appointed officials, supported by researchers and other professional expertise. The purpose of the collaborative is to:
- Identify and share with stakeholders information on current and planned redevelopment and revitalization activity (programs, strategies, etc.) in Newark’s West Ward;
- Open the dialogue on opportunities and challenges in the West Ward and identify areas for collaboration, strategic planning, resource development, training, research and other activities to support improved outcomes;
- Jointly develop strategies that harness the capacities of stakeholders and strategically align and facilitate partnerships to increase impacts through targeted planning and action.
- Establish goals, objectives and metrics; monitor and assess progress and mechanisms to improve information sharing among residents and stakeholders.
Click on the appropriate link to download each Presentation
- December 20, 2016 Meeting -Community Conversations
- March 18, 2017 Meeting -Mapping West Ward Redevelopment
- April 20, 2017 Meeting -Overview of County/Local Redevelopment Efforts
- May 23, 2017 Meeting -Re-Envisioning the West Ward/Opportunities in Education
- November 1, 2017 Meeting -Health and Wellness