West Ward Community Coalition
- Identify and share with stakeholders information on current and planned redevelopment and revitalization activity (programs, strategies, etc.) in Newark’s West Ward;
- Open the dialogue on opportunities and challenges in the West Ward and identify areas for collaboration, strategic planning, resource development, training, research and other activities to support improved outcomes;
- Jointly develop strategies that harness the capacities of stakeholders and strategically align and facilitate partnerships to increase impacts through targeted planning and action.
- Establish goals, objectives and metrics; monitor and assess progress and mechanisms to improve information sharing among residents and stakeholders.
WWCC Community Conversations Presentations
Click on the appropriate link to download each presentation (Microsoft PowerPoint format).
- July 15, 2021 Meeting – Public Safety in the West Ward: a Discussion with the Newark Public Safety Collaborative
- May 2019: Building a Stronger Community: Transforming the West Ward
- December 20, 2016 Meeting – Community Conversations
- March 21, 2017 Meeting – Mapping West Ward Redevelopment
- April 18, 2017 Meeting – Overview of County/Local Redevelopment Efforts
- May 23, 2017 Meeting – Re-Envisioning the West Ward/Opportunities in Education
- November 1, 2017 Meeting – Harnessing Opportunities for a Healthier West Ward Community
- December 6, 2017 Meeting – Exploring Strategies and Partnerships to Improve Public Safety
- April 18, 2018 Meeting – Trauma and Resilience Supportive Services for Survivors of Crime Violence and Its Aftermath
- May 9, 2018 West Ward Development Update
About the West Ward Community
The West Ward is one of twenty communities within the city of Newark, NJ. Its population includes 55,000 residents in the historic neighborhoods of Fairmount, Lower and Upper Roseville, Westside Ivy Hill and Valisburg. The Ward features several parks and public recreation facilities that make each neighborhood a place where community thrives. The economic corridors of South Orange Avenue, Orange Street and more serve as major retail shopping strips in the Ward. Here you will find a diverse set of shopping options and restaurants that hold many Caribbean and West Indian flavors that make these areas an exciting place for tourism and culture.
West Ward Community Meeting Highlights
NJ Bail Reform Forum Briefing
If this item does not open automatically you can Click Here to open or Download PDF.
Learn more about the West Ward Community Coalition
Contact Donita Devance, Associate Director