OUCP’s Community Partnerships & Engagement unit oversees programs and initiatives that create and strengthen bridges between Rutgers-Newark and the Greater Newark community. The unit brokers partnerships that help faculty, staff, and students to plan and implement community-based research initiatives. The unit also helps to connect faculty and students with service opportunities with organizations in the Greater Newark community. Below is an overview of some of OUCP’s signature community partnership programs and initiatives.
- African-American Brain Health Initiative (AABHI)
- Newark Fairmount Promise Neighborhood
- Start Healthy Stay Healthy Early Childhood Nutrition Education Program
- America Reads/Counts
- Celebrity Reads
- Community Service Day
- Job Shadow Day
- Read Across America
Additionally, OUCP hosts an array of summer enrichment programs for the youth in the Greater Newark community. For more information, visit OUCP’s Summer Academy page.
- Children’s Defense Fund (CDF) Freedom Schools
- CIMIC Science and Technology Summer Camp
- Future Business Computer Institute (FBCI)
- Network For Teaching Entrepreneurship (NFTE) BizCamp
- RU Ready For Work
- RU Ready for Public/Healthcare Service Summer Program Track
- Rutgers-Merck Summer Bioethics Institute
- Sadie Nash Leadership Project
- Write on Sports
For more information about these and other community engagement efforts at Rutgers-Newark, see OUCP’s Community Engagement at Rutgers Newark (PDF) publication.