Conference and Event Management Services
The OUCP Conference and Event Management unit guides campus and community partners through the planning and hosting of conferences and special events on campus and in the broader community. OUCP has extensive experience with conceptualizing, developing, and executing high profile conferences and events for Rutgers faculty, staff, and students, as well as organizations in the Greater Newark community.
Newark has become known as a “Renaissance City” due to exciting revitalization efforts that is making it an attractive place to host conferences and events. Come visit our campus to experience a variety of spaces and places that will make your event a success!
OUCP offers an array of conference and event management services including:
- Hospitality relations
- Logistics and transportation
- Planning and partnership facilitation
- Project plan development and monitoring
- Program planning and coordination
- Registration management
- Site selection
- Visitor and tour services
OUCP has worked with many Rutgers-Newark entities and community organizations to plan and manage high profile conferences and events in Newark including:
- Rutgers On Screen/In Person Film Series, Rutgers Center for Latino Arts and Culture and the Mid Atlantic Arts Foundation
- In Good Time: The Piano Jazz of Marian McPartland, WBGO Jazz Radio and Rutgers Institute of Jazz Studies, John Cotton Dana Library at Rutgers-Newark
- Newark Reads Festival, Protestant Community Centers, Inc.
- 40th Anniversary Newark Preschool Council Gala, Newark Preschool Council
- State of Poverty and Human Rights Discussion, Amnesty International featuring Dr. Cornel West, Rev. Dr. M. Williams Howard Jr., Larry Cox and Dr. Antoninette Ellis-Williams
- An Evening With Iyanla Vanzant, Divine Inspiration Bookstore, Rutgers-Newark Dana Library
- Annual World Against Violence Youth Conference, Essex County Prosecutors Office, New Jersey
- African American and Alzheimer’s Disease Conference, Center for Molecular and Behavioral Neuroscience
- Chancellor’s Community Engagement Awards, Rutgers-Newark Office of the Chancellor
- White House Urban Entrepreneurship Summit, The White House
- Rutgers University’s Center for Urban Entrepreneurship & Economic Development Startup America Partnership
- Office of the Honorable Cory Booker (Mayor, Newark, NJ)
- Office of Russell Simmons
- Fund for Public Advocacy – Office of the New York City Public Advocate
- Operation HOPE
- Small Business Administration
- Minority Business Development Agency
To request our services, complete the OUCP Conference & Event Management Request Form or feel free to contact us at (973) 353-1630.